Data Breach Outlook: Tracking the Next, Seemingly Inevitable Attack
It's a boom time for cybercrime and cyber espionage, aided by at least two factors. First, many organizations' websites and databases sport well-known technical weaknesses, while employees remain susceptible to low-cost social-engineering attacks. Second, attackers can pummel these technical and human targets using an array of free or low-cost tools and services, until they can successfully access and steal what they're targeting.
Our panelists will share real-world insights into understanding the attacker mindset, ways we can adapt our defenses and how to seek board's approval in building defenses.
The session will also discuss:
- The scale and scope of today's targeted attacks and data breaches;
- The threat actors executing these attacks and the factors - including financial gain, stealing intellectual property, causing chaos - motivating them;
- The types of valuable data and/or critical infrastructure are being targeted;
- The parts of the organization - website flaws, APIs, mobile devices -most vulnerable to attacks;
- The optimum way to deploy resources to defend against breaches;
- The related up-and-coming threats that could threaten enterprises.