Healthcare Fraud – Critical Security Lessons from Recent Cases
Regulatory attorney Rachel Rose and defense attorney Andrew Wirmani, a former Department of Justice prosecutor analyze several recent high-profile cases spotlighting identity and other fraud crimes being battled in the healthcare sector – including the critical information security and compliance elements involved in each situation - and the lessons emerging from these cases for CISOs and their teams.
- The cases discussed include recent prosecutions involving:
- A cyberattack on a Georgia medical center committed by the CFO of a network security vendor
- $125 million healthcare fraud scheme involving criminal HIPAA violations
- Patient record and ID theft and fraud conspiracy
- HITECH Act EHR Meaningful Use Fraud